Get your fill of downhill sports at a ski resort near the city and discover the country’s fascinating history in Gatineau during this winter getaway in Canada’s capital region!
Take advantage of easy access to Mont Cascades located less than a half hour from downtown Gatineau and Ottawa. Enjoy downhill skiing or snowboarding on its 20 slopes which vary from beginner to expert, most of which are lit at night! You’ll also find a snow park with modules and jumps as well as the longest magic carpet in the region.
Explore Canada’s most visited museum, the Canadian Museum of History, located in Gatineau. Admire the views overlooking the Ottawa River and Parliament Hill as well as the building’s undulated architecture. Discover the many permanent exhibitions that tell the country’s fascinating history, including the achievements of Indigenous Peoples. Don’t miss the special exhibitions, the films at CINÉ+, and the Canadian Children’s Museum where kids can play and learn at the same time.
You’ll spend two nights in Gatineau at the Best Western PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa located a few minutes’ walk from the museum. This urban hotel offers the sweeping views,and the indoor salt-water pool.
- 3 days / 2 nights
- Wakefield, Collines-de-l'Outaouais
- Until 2024-03-31
- Starting from
You’ll also love…
- …go underground in the largest cave open to visitors in the Canadian Shield, zip line through the trees or snowshoe through the snow-covered forest at Arbraska Laflèche, an outdoor recreational centre.
- …enjoy other winter activities in a true outdoor paradise, Gatineau Park! Do some hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing or fatbiking on its many snowy trails of all levels.
- 2 nights at the Best Western PLUS Gatineau-Ottawa (or similar accommodations)
- One lift ticket at Mont Cascades
- Admission to the Canadian Museum of History (including the Canadian Children’s Museum)
- Accommodation tax
- Compensation fund for travel agents’ customers (FICAV)
- Federal and provincial taxes
- Transportation and transportation related expenses
- Personal expenses
- Activities and meals not mentioned in the included
- Optional activities
- Travel insurance
Your package can be customized
- When you are ready to create your package, you will have access to a large list of optional activities.
- You will also be able to modify your accommodation by adding nights or breakfast.